Our vision: A sustainable and just world free from poverty.
Our mission: To strengthen the capacity of member-based, democratic organizations to enable women and men in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights, and contribute to a just society.
Job vacancy with We Effect: Fund-Raising Liaison Officer for Eastern Africa
We Effect is recruiting a Fund-Raising Liaison Officer for the regional office in Eastern Africa.
As a regional Fund Raising Liaison Officer you are a staff member of the We Effect Marketing department at the head office in Stockholm. Since the workplace is located at the regional office in Nairobi, Kenya, the regional director is your immediate manager and supervisor in your daily work. Your main task is to communicate about We Effect and our work to strengthen the knowledge about us, thus ensuring we get resources for our work.
· Continuously contribute with texts and articles, notices and images to We Effect’s Swedish communication channels such as web, fundraising letters and newsletters, annual reports and other prints, as well as for media and communication channels at the companies that We Effect collaborates with.
· Responsible for overall area surveillance from the region; Capture news and other issues relevant to We Effect. This also means establishing and maintaining contact with Swedish and other relevant journalists active in the region.
· Initiate and coordinate efforts to increase local and regional awareness of We Effect and our partner organisations work, including production and quality control of the region’s communications materials.
· Coordinate visits by colleagues from head office, groups from member organizations, students, politicians, and others.
- You have university education or equivalent knowledge acquired by other means.
- You have experience working with marketing and communication.
- You have experience in project management.
- You can express yourself well in speech and writing in Swedish as well as in English and master the two languages as working languages.
- You have good experience working professionally with social media.
- It’s an advantage if you have also worked / lived in an African country and have been involved in gender equality work.
Type of employment:
The contract is for two years with the possibility of extension. Access as soon as agreed.
The application is made to firstname.lastname@example.org with a personal letter and CV by September 13, 2017. Please state “Fund-Raising Liaison Officer for Eastern Africa Regional office” in your application
Information about the position and the recruitment process:
Anna Albinsson, HR director: Anna.email@example.com or +46 8-120 371 38
Ola Richardsson, Head of Unit Opinion & Insight: Ola.firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8-120 371 10
Hans Lind, Regional Director Eastern Africa: email@example.com or +254 795 714 020
Union representative Maja Norell, Union: Maja.firstname.lastname@example.org , +46 8-120 371 41.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organization. For more information about We Effect, please refer to our website www.weeffect.org
Please read further information on the position (PDF)
About We Effect
We Effect was funded in 1958. We are a development cooperation organisation applying a long-term, rights based approach in order to effect change.
Our guiding principle is support to self-help initiatives. We work in 25 countries across four continents. Our focus areas are Rural development, Housing, Financial Inclusion, Gender equality and Access to land.
There are no shortcuts out of poverty. Therefore, the key factor in everything we do is Togetherness. Poverty can be alleviated by empowering individuals and organisations, creating improved income levels, better and more sustainable farming, adequate housing and equal rights for all.
We know that people find ways out of poverty by working together. For this reason, we support people to organise and acquire new knowledge. This, in turn, helps create the possibility to make a permanent move away from poverty.
We Effect? When people join together in order to help themselves.