Our vision: A sustainable and just world free from poverty.
Our mission: To strengthen the capacity of member-based, democratic organizations to enable women and men in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights, and contribute to a just society.
Job vacancy in Nairobi: Regional Finance Officer
We Effect Eastern Africa is recruiting a Regional Finance Officer. The position is permanent and based in Nairobi.
About We Effect
We Effect is a development organization founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organization’s consisting of women and men who live in poverty to fight for their rights and adequate living conditions. We Effect mission is to empower people living in poverty so that they have more influence over their own lives and communities. We Effect therefore embraces the cooperative movement’s values and focus on sustainability through membership-based democracy, long-term economic thinking, social responsibility and transparency. The right to own/control land, access to financial services, and environmental sustainability in an ecological balance with equal rights for women and men, girls and boys, permeate our development work. Our regional office for Eastern Africa is based at Lower Kabete Road in Nairobi and covers Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania through four programmes namely; Rural Development, Financial Inclusion, Housing and Habitat and Gender Equality.
Role and responsibilities
1. Financial and Budgetary reporting
- Financial Reporting
- System Accounting Reports
- Liquidity Management
- Support to Audit Management
2. Technical support to partner organisations
Support Regional Finance Controller in:
- Partner Monitoring – Systems, controls and utilisation
- Capacity Building
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Support to Administration Department
3. Support to We Effect teams
- Support to resource mobilisation team
- Support to Programme staff
Required knowledge and abilities
- Understanding of programming cycle management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player.
Educational background and experience
- Master’s Degree in Business related area will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business related field.
- CPA K/ACCA
- Good knowledge of accounting systems preferably iscala.
- 5 years of overall experience working with in an International NGO with Multiple donors including the EU.
- Other relevant Finance certifications.
How to apply
Download and fill in this form. E-mail your curriculum Vitae AND the filled in application form as attachements to RecruitmentRoea@weeffect.org before 31 may 2017. The heading of your e-mail should be Regional Finance Officer. Applications that do not follow the instructions will be disqualified.